FORMER VICE – CHANCELLOR, BHARATHIAR UNIVERSITY.
DR.K.M.Marimuthu, Former Vice Chancellor is an alumnus of S.S.V High School, Kodumudi. He studied from 6th standard to SSLC in the year 1942 – 1948.
|Degree / Diploma||University||Date of Attendance||Subjects|
|B.A||Madras, India||1950 – 52||Botany ( Major ) Chemistry ( Anc. )|
|M.A||Annamalai, India||1953 – 55||Botany|
|M.Sc||Annamalai, India||1955 – 56||Plant Ecology|
|M.Tech||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India||1958 – 59||Genetics & Plant Breeding|
|Ph.D||McMaster, Hamilton, Canada||1961 – 65||Genetics & Cytology|
|Diploma in Electron Microscopy||North Western, Boston, Massachusetts, USA||1971||Electron Microscopy ( Tem & Sem )|
- Government of Tamil Nadu “ Best Test Award” for the year 1980 – 81.
- “ Dr. L.D.Sanghavi Oration Award” in Human Genetics, 2001, for Life time contribution in Human Genetics from Indian Society of Human Genetics.
Membership in Distinguished Societies
- Elected Member of the Society of the Sigma XI, University of Michigan Chapter. U.S.A. 1966.
- Member, American Society of Genetics.
- Member, Radiation Research Society of America.
- Member, Canadian Genetics Association.
- Member, Indian Society of Human Genetics.
- Member, Indian Society of cell biology.
- Member, Environmental Mutagen Society of India.
- Recent trends in Medical Genetics, 1986, Pargamon Press, Oxford.
- Laboratory Manual in Genetics, 1979, UGC COSIP – ULP Dept. Zoology, University of Madras.
- 22 Candidates were awarded the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Genetics under the supervision of Prof.K.M.Marimuthu.
- 24 Candidates of the Genetics Department were awarded M.Phil degree in Genetics by the University of Madras under the supervision of Prof.K.M.Marimuthu.